commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [lang] is there a release on the visible horizon?
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:58:16 GMT
On Sunday, June 30, 2002, at 02:00 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
>> I think there's enough demand out there to get it released. The tiny size
>> will probably be a plus.
>>
>> Maybe it's time to start thinking about what is left to be done before a
>> release can be made.

<snip>

> 4) add low level reflection code in reflect subpackage as was discussed a
> few weeks ago. (needs further discussion)

(FYI there is (at least) one fix which needs to be made to the reflection
code in beanutils.)

IMHO there isn't really any point holding up the initial release to get
this in.

are you going to try for promotion to the commons before the release?

it'd be a lot easier to move the reflection code into lang if lang were
already a commons component.

- robert