commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] bug: output is in reverse order of input...
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:40:13 GMT

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 09:27 PM, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> on 6/13/02 11:24 AM, "robert burrell donkin" <robertdonkin@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> am i right in assuming that ordering the element automatically from the
>> parsing would only work if the same XMLIntrospector instance is used to
>> read and write?
>
> That is the case right now for me anyway...

so this is a possible solution.

it's probably do-able but will be tricky to write and may have unfortunate
side effects.

i was thinking that maybe we should have betwixt order elements by default
in alphabetic order. at least that way it's obviously deterministic (since
bean introspection doesn't seem to be) and people who have control of
their own DTDs know how to write them so that they are compatible with
betwixt's defaults.

i don't know if this would solve your problem...

- robert