commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [betwixt] bug: output is in reverse order of input...
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 10:40:33 GMT
in terms of default orderings, though i can only think really of one
implementation (alphabetic) it's probably better design to use an
interface and give users the choice.

it might not solve jon's problem, though.

users should be able to set the order of the elements by creating .betwixt
files or XMLBeanInfo classes. the bit that's going to be tricky about
taking an order from the xml comes from preserving this functionality
whilst also allowing the element order to be dynamically determined by the
order in which they are read from the xml.

anyway, i think that better default ordering is something that betwixt
should be able to do. i'd think that the best approach would be to create
a general system (probably along the lines you suggest) and then see
(later) if we can use it for dynamic reordering (if we have to). if you
want to see what you come up with, i'll keep out of your way.

- robert