commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Sanders" <ssand...@nextance.com>
Subject RE: [Lang] Add Factory and Identifier to Lang
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:53:48 GMT
Lang, io, codec, etc were created to stop the bloat in the util package.
It had looked to become a dumping ground for 'util' classes.  But since
every non-core class to a developer is just a 'utility', the util
package was not coherent in what it wanted to do.

I agree that we need some kind of rollup in Commons from a release
packaging perspective (lang, io, collections, beanutils, etc), but I
think the projects themselves should be small and focused.

Scott