commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 22:46:21 GMT

costinm@covalent.net wrote:
> I think it's a good idea.
>
> I see no problem with supporting maven ( or centipede, or anything else ),
> but I'm strongly -1 on requiring any of them to build a commons
> component.
>
> That's an official veto for any component I'm a commiter on.
> I can live with a build-maven.xml and a build-centipede.xml, as long as
> build.xml remains and can be used to build.
>
> Ant is the build system we use, if someone wants to use something
> else - that's fine ( including maven or Makefiles ).
>
> I personally think this should be the official policy for the whole
> jakarta-commons project, given the fact that many projects are using
> those components.

Personally I see two types of commons-sanbox stuff: would be
projects, and real "commons" stuff.

Limiting my POV on the "commons" stuff I think that the best thing is
that every project uses the build system it likes but also keeps a
build.xml ant file that has "clean" "compile" and "jar" tragets.

Just to be able to compile the code, it shouldn't be hard.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -