commons-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New committer: Patrick Luby
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:19:16 GMT
Michael A. Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
>>Patrick is a Tomcat committer who plans to contribute new code to the
>>commons-daemon module (and he's actually mentioned in the status
>>document). I can commit his code for him, at which point karma would
>>probably be granted to him, but I think it would be easier is he just
>>did it himslef.
>>
>>Please send your +1s if you agree (he has mine).
>

> It doesn't matter.  If he's a jakarta committer, he can get access to
> the sandbox just by asking, no vote needed (daemon is still in the
> sandbox).

Ok, good. I wasn't aware of that rule. Can someone give him karma on the
sandbox then if he doesn't have it ?

>>Daemon will likely become an important component of the next major
>>Tomcat version, so expect some activity there.
>

> Been waiting for activity for a while now.  For daemon and for that
> "wrapper" component that was proposed:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=5400

As envisioned, we wanted 3 main features in the daemon:
- system integration (that's the current daemon code, which needs a bit
more work)
- launcher capabilities (bye, bye scripts, which is especially useful
under Windows)
- JVM failure recovery for higher reliability (that's one of the main
features of the wrapper)

Remy