commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon Packages -> Commons] We want to move packages to Commons: can you help?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:54:55 GMT

rsitze@us.ibm.com wrote:
> CAN we integrate/migrate?  Avalon has a fairly strict policy regarding
> separation of concerns.  How is this manifest in the code that is proposed
> to be moved to commons, outside the avalon framework?  What impact does
> this have on using the code?  Specifically, without the framework there are
> tasks that must be done "manually", such as setting the logger for new
> classes.

You are correct, Avalon is also about separation of concerns.

These packages are *not* involved in this stuff, that's why we are
moving them.

We want to focus on what Avalon really is and does best; these are
(just?) utility classes that should (and currently do) live by themselves.

As for the Logger an stuff, we'll see what's in there that needs to be
changed so that no Avalon packages are needed in imports.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -