commons-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Avalon Packages -> Commons] We want to move packages to Commons: can you help?
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 06:51:56 GMT
The Avalon project has decided that it's time to move some packages of
the jakarta-avalon-excalibur module to Commons.

Some of the packages there eligible for the move are:

io
bzip2
tar
zip
thread
threadcontext
cli
collections
util

There are also others (notably i18n, naming, baxter).

Since many of these packages are already being developed in Commons
proper+sandbox, we need the help of the developers of these packages:

        how can we integrate?

Everyone is kindly invited to checkout jakarta-avalon-excalibur and see
/what/ can be moved, and /how/.

Please append [Commons-Avalon:packagename] or similar to the messages so
we can filter them easily.
I'm on both lists, and will help in coordinating the effort.
If you wish: avalon-dev-subscribe@jakarta.apache.org

Thank you in advance :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -