commons-dev mailing list archives

From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: jdbcpool
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 04:22:04 GMT
If your are using the mm.mysql JDBC driver add the autoReconnect=true
arg to your mysql connect url.  With this the mysql jdbc driver will
reconnect to the db if it looses the connection.

Then you can set your minIdle to 1, and your mysql db can timeout
its connection after the default 8 hours.  But that one idle connection
in dbcp can reconnect if needed.

Regards,

Glenn