commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:20:49 GMT

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:06:03 -0400
> From: Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@adeptra.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: unmavenising Commons projects
>
> On 6/23/02 10:31 PM, "Craig R. McClanahan" <craigmcc@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not particularly a fan of Velocity or DVSL syntax, but that isn't
> > usually a huge issue for the documentation developer.
>
> In the interest of accuracy, I'd like to empahasize that the documentation
> is in standard XML, the same XML that can be transformed with XSLT. ("We got
> both brackets, < *and* >" :)
>
> It's the transformation software that uses DVSL (and therefore Velocity
> template syntax).

Exactly.

Which is why I said the documentation developer usually doesn't care -- he
or she just uses XML in our favorite editor (nah, let's not go there for
now :-).  But I (and the doc developers if they want to modify
the look and feel) are stuck with your transformation templates
unless we want to play with enough Velocity and DVSL to change 'em.

> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr.

Craig