commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Carlson <joncrl...@yahoo.com>
Subject [Collections] ReadOnly Collection decorators
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:53:06 GMT
I'd really like to see some ReadOnly Collection decorators
for all of the Collection and Iterator interfaces and
subinterfaces.

When I return a collection or iterator from a framework I
don't want to trust that no one will modify those
collections if they represent something internal.  Using
these have protected me from even my own carelessness at
least once.

I have written a few already that I could share (Set, List,
Map, Iterator etc) but they don't subclass the commons
collections Proxy* classes (see my previous note on the
naming of these), which they probably should do if they are
to be included.

Thoughts anyone?

Jonathan

=====