commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] two bugs
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 04:17:19 GMT
From: "robert burrell donkin" <robertdonkin@mac.com>
> i'd personally say that really betwixt should probably find addModule even
> without a matching getModules but jason or james are the ones who should
> be able to give a definitely answer.

I think I agree. Someone may only want to parse XML and use betwixt to
default digester rules, but they may never want to output XML again. The
worry though is that if their beans are turned back to XML then information
will be lost. So a warning should be generated I guess.

> if it's decided that it shouldn't be found then this should probably be
> documented and a warning log message added. either way, shouldn't take too
> long to do once the correct approach is clear.

Agreed. I think I'm leaning towards just generating a warning. Would that be
OK with you Jon?

James