commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] move CLI over to commons
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2002 16:05:06 GMT
From: "bob mcwhirter" <bob@werken.com>
> > > Do people think that dependencies on ORO and an XML parser are
> > > too much overhead for CLI?  Should these types of features be
> > > made optional or shipped in a separate jar?
> >
> > please keep it optional.
>
> +1 optional

+1 optional.

Though I don't mind if the code is shipped in the same jar; but just that
the use of these features should be optional so that ORO & XML are not a
required dependency.

e.g. commons-logging contains code that uses log4j, logkit and JDK1.4, its
just to use any of that code you need the dependent stuff on the classpath.

James