commons-dev mailing list archives

From Arron Bates <commons-...@keyboardmonkey.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE][Collections] Naming conventions
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:13:51 GMT
I vetoed the initial commit because it was a change I'm personally not
comfortable with --> Taking nicely named and coherent classes of the
decorator classes et al, and merging them into really quite huge buckets
which will hold everything. I feel it makes it harder all round: on
those trying to learn and use the classes, and on us maintaining them.

But, I'm not one to go against the group. It's hard enough to have a
good time in open source dev with the politics without me placing vetoes
with finality.

I'm after a more of a group consensus. It seemed like a change with a
larger effect from a rather focused discussion from only a few players.
As a result, I vetoed the change to get the consensus vote. It seemed
like I may share the view with some others, just needed to find out.

> Michael A. Smith
> It's easier to not make changes than it is to revert them.

What he said.

Arron.