commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:44:26 GMT
Folks the discussion here should not be about what GUMP is or
what Maven is.  It should be about standardizing the build
process for Commons.

It seems that the general consensus is that to satisfy all
parties there should be two ant projects, build.xml and
build-maven.xml.  Could this issue be resolved with just one
project, build.xml.

The default target for this project must generate the binary
distribution.  If the default target is 'dist' then both scenarios
could be accomodated as follows:

<target name="dist" depends="ant-dist, maven-dist"/>

<target name="ant-dist" unless="maven.home">
</target>

<target name="maven-dist" if="maven.home">
</target>

Just an idea,
-John K