commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian P. Millett" <...@ec-group.com>
Subject Re: [jdbc2pool] Database "" does not exist in the system catalog ????
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:30:32 GMT
On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 20:26, John McNally wrote:
> I have a similar setup and it is working, it is using mysql though.
> Are you able to access the db using the driver directly?  The error you
> are seeing is coming from the database server, i think.  The database
> does not appear to be setup.

:-) :-) Sorry, I've been looking at this soooo long that I didn't notice
that the database name was fat fingered.

You are good.

However, I have a problem that also is happening with DBCP, and that is
this statement causes a NPE:
PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement("insert into basic values
(?,?)");

The connection is active, or I'd error in earlier statements, it seems
that the preparestatement is not returning anything.  Could this be
caused by the postgreSQL jdbc driver not behaving?

Sorry for this question, and if it is of topic, then tell me and I'll go
ask else where.
--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms