commons-dev mailing list archives

From Evert Hoff <evert.h...@pixie.co.za>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Has HttpMultiClient been released?
Date Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:39:40 GMT
I also haven't looked at the features of HttpURLConnection in 1.4
thoroughly, but I couldn't see any improvements. HttpURLConnection still
doesn't reuse connections as well as HttpMultiClient. I did a test with
tcpdump while downloading the same few files many times on 1.3 and then
1.4 and found in both cases that every few seconds new connections are
established and previous connections not reused. So, this hasn't
improved. The connection pooling in HttpMultiClient works much better.

Evert