commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject [Betwixt] line endings (WAS : Re: [Betwixt] Some ideas)
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:50:01 GMT
Hmm afaik a parser should just parse, and not care how line endings or
formatting is done, when reading the file, so there is no risk in
different line endings  (you can use tabs, spaces, lf, cr or no line
endings).
If a parsers chockes on those, replace it one that works..

Hmm.. mindspin coming up.. Since you can currently set any character you
like, we could just allow valid characters, which doesn't "choke"
parsers..

Mvgr,
martin