commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] Some ideas
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 20:16:43 GMT
<snippet from the xml spec>
2.11 End-of-Line Handling

To be exactXML parsed entities are often stored in computer files which,
for editing convenience, are organized into lines. These lines are
typically separated by some combination of the characters
carriage-return (#xD) and line-feed (#xA).

To simplify the tasks of applications, the characters passed to an
application by the XML processor must be as if the XML processor
normalized all line breaks in external parsed entities (including the
document entity) on input, before parsing, by translating both the
two-character sequence #xD #xA and any #xD that is not followed by #xA
to a single #xA character.
<end snippet of the xml spec>

So we expect the \n from the parser, we don't have to write it that way
;)
(hmm really troubled here.. I searched on the word line before and it
didn't turn up anything, am I getting crazy here??..)

Mvgr,
Martin