commons-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_li...@netmeme.org>
Subject Re: DBCP validation query: how to use?
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 13:44:37 GMT
Thanks,

Actually the problem is in my code, there should not be any nulls at all
in the String I'm trying to insert. It's supposed to be a normal
human-readable string.

But talking about DBCP again -- how do I enable "ping" in configuration
of DBCP?

I'm looking at the source code for DBCP, and the "validateObject" method
in PoolableConnectionFactory is where the test occurs (on your
validation query). But either the code doesn't work, or validateObject
is never called in the first place.

Again, help would be appreciated!

Bryan