commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: BETWIXT : Failing testcases..
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 23:40:22 GMT
On Wed, 2002-06-05 at 01:22, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 19:13, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> > What is your advice on my problem ?
> > Just create my own tool ? (which I was doing in the first place, but I
> > though, what the heck, let's try not to write everything myself..)
> > Need to get that working tomorrow ;((
>
> I'll take a peek but I'm not promising anything. I have been trying to
> fix for the last couple of days but haven't been able to spend more then
> a couple hours.
>
> (including db generation via jdbc,
> > etc,etc..)
>
> You can do that with torque.

It is something like Torque, only written in Eiffel. I have to use those
(XML) scripts to generate the databases (and physical and conceptual
mappings), so we can actually test stuff without that eiffel "beast".
Prefer OJB anyway ;)

> > After the time spend with "what is happening", I could have easily made
> > what I had in mind..
> >
> > If Jason can fix this tonight I will be very happy ;)
>
> I probably won't fix it tonight. Either use XO or use the digester
> directly.
>
> > If you can get my little xml file example working I'll be even happier
> > ;)
>
> Post your NameMapper implementation and a testcase if you have one and I
> will commit it and try to get that working with Jon's (the ever
> persistent Jon :-)) example.

Don't have any testcases written for it and Jon's example isn't my xml
stuff ;). I'll invest some time in it tommorrow to find out what's (not)
going on . If it doesn't work, I'll just move to a manual test or start
a "dirty" hack....
Can you at least give me a pointer of where to look for the trouble, so
I don't spend too much time on debugging non issues ?

Mvgr,
Martin