commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:18:21 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>
> So, will anyone notice if I go and rollback all the projects which have
> been mavenised and are not new projects, then supply a parallel
> build-maven.xml which is the new version?

I wouldn't bother just now; with Maven b5, which is just around the corder,
we'll be autogenerating a build.xml which will run perfectly well in inside
Ant for those who want to stick with Ant as well as from inside Gump too.
Then I think Costin's reservations will no longer be issues. The old
build*.xml files that contained maven related stuff can then be trashed and
any callback code or extra targets will move to the new maven.xml file.

James