commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Messenger DTDs, XSDs...?
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2002 11:29:40 GMT
From: "Spam Cut" <spamcut@yahoo.com>
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if someone could point me to
> documentation for the "messenger" and "subscriptions"
> xml config files. There seem to be many attributes for
> the "subscriptions" xml config file that aren't
> described in the overview. Is there any documentation
> for these in some form (DTD, XSD, Text File, PDF File,
> etc...)?

Unfortunately not yet.

Messenger is using the Digester which means that the schema can be soft
coded. This allows you to plugin your own implementations of things (like
your own SessionFactory in the messenger.xml file or your own
MessageListener or MDO implementaiton in the subscription.xml file) and then
configure those within the same document.

e.g.

public class MyMDO extends MessengerMDO {
    public void setFoo(String foo);
    public void setBar(int bar);
}

then in subscription.xml I could do...

<subscriptions>
    <subscription connection="myQueueConnection" subject="in.queue">
        <listener className="MyMDO" foo="valueOfFoo" bar="1234"/>
    </subscription>
</subscriptions>

So that the 'foo' and 'bar' attributes above come really from the underlying
MessageListener / MDO.

Though I totally agree with you that the common elements/attributes should
be properly documented. I've added this to the todo list so it'll get done
one day (hopefully soon). As usual, any contributions are greatfully
received ;-)

James