commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] TagName in the Exception
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:13:27 GMT
From: "Vinay Chandran" <>
> Hi,
> Attached here is a patch to the print the name of the
> Tag causing the compile error along with its location.
> Maybe we need to provide the fileName too from where
> the error is occuring. Thoughts?

Thanks for the patch Vinay

I've just committed something very similar to this, along with supporting
fileName as well. So now any exception thrown by a Tag or as a result of
using some kind of Tag, DynaBean or JellyBean, will have the file & element
names as well as line and column numbers for the errors.

One minor detail is that the file name is passed into the parse() method on
XMLParser; so make sure you pass in a String uri or File when parsing
otherwise the parser doesn't know the name of the file its parsing.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>