commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: Removal of sandboxed versions?
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 17:10:51 GMT
From: "bob mcwhirter" <>
> > Should the commons.sandbox.cli be removed from cvs?
> +1
> > Is the plan to just empty the sandboxed version and leave a structure?
> > When we move something from sandbox to commons, do we move and tweak the
> > cvs repository, thus keeping a valid history, or do we import a new one?
> I'd say yes.  I've personally been bitten by looking in the sandbox for
> code, and only realizing that I wasn't using the latest much later, after
> looking in the non-sandbox commons.

Both betwixt and cli moved to commons and the sandbox copies were deleted;
but the structure remained, which is normal CVS stuff. Maybe we could zap
the RCS files to permanently remove the structure from the sandbox?

There's a bunch of old structures still around we could zap: betwixt, cli,
digester, latka, logging, modeler.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free address at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>