commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Fixing things in other commons projects.
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:00:53 GMT

On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 10:45 PM, costinm@covalent.net wrote:

> On 14 Jun 2002, Martin van den Bemt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since I am new here as a committer for betwixt, I was just wondering if
>> I could fix eg typo's that I come across in other projects. It probably
>> doesn't hurt, but just checking if that is ok. (for other changes, I'll
>> just ask if it is ok on this list..)
>
> Yes, you can. If it's more than a typo it is nice to add yourself to
> the list of commiters for the subproject.

this is actually mandated by the charter:

"15. Each committer has karma to all the packages, but committers are
required to add their name to a package's status file before their first
commit to that package."

i suppose that this might allow access to a package by a particular
committer to be vetoed. (not that this has ever actually happened.)

- robert