commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: unmavenising Commons projects
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:35:29 GMT
From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <geirm@adeptra.com>
> I think that the best thing Maven could do is standardize on a
> build-maven.xml file, and produce a build.xml for ant, but of course,
that's
> an argument for the Maven list.

Incidentally I think the next version of Maven won't even need a build.xml
and any Maven-specific build customization will be inside a maven.xml. So
Maven could pretty easily auto-generate a build.xml for use by Ant users
while still working nicely for Maven users and still not require any
unnecessary developer effort to maintain the dual build process.

Once this version gets released I think we can all be happy; Ant users can
still use just vanilla Ant for compiling and Maven users can use the full
power of Maven. So I see this as a temporary issue that should be solved in
the next couple of weeks.

James