commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@eurobell.co.uk>
Subject Re: Converter interfaces
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:41:08 GMT
From: Ola Berg <ola.berg@arkitema.se>
> Why does the Converter.convert() method have the Class type parameter,
isn\'t each implementation responsible for creating only one type?

Not sure, none of the implementations seem to actually use it

> The Transformer and the Converter does mainly the same thing, shouldn\'t
one of them be dropped in favor of the other?

One is BeanUtils, the other is Collections. As with all things different
projects can end up with different solutions to similar problems. There is
also talk of another interface Morphos which has a similar effect.

Actually, I feel that the Convertor code is currently quite restrictive, and
I have my own conversion code. Maybe I'll get round to trying to merge with
Apache in the end...

Stephen