commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [Lang][Util] Merge lang and util?
Date Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:21:47 GMT
From: "Ola Berg" <ola.berg@arkitema.se>
> Maybe one has to show by example what it would mean to outfactor general
classes/patterns/interfaces into a lang/util/base package.

I'd love to - new sandbox project 'core' pulling code in from lang, util and
others. But then I'd get shouted down for forking the codebase (as per the
reflect thread). At the moment its a tad fustrating - I've got lots of
ideas, lots of potential code, but no project is willing to take them. Maybe
it'll sort itslef out, but at the moment I've got real doubts.

Stephen