commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Chang Sau Sheong" <ssch...@elipva.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient with HTTPS
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:46:11 GMT
Yes it does work on my browser without the proxy settings. How can I get rid
of the SSL handshake problem?

Thanks!

.sausheong
elipva Ltd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sachin Hamirwasia" <SachinH@Singnet.com.sg>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 11:36 PM
Subject: RE: HttpClient with HTTPS

> You don't require a proxy server if your firewall doesn't block 443 (or
your
> specific https port). However, from your exception stack trace it looks
like
> that destination host/port is unreachable. Does the server work with your
> browser (without the proxy settings?) - try again!

HttpsURLConnection,
> > since the default implementation does handle proxy tunnelling properly.
> >
> > Try using your same code to connect to a server within your intranet and
> > don't use the proxy server. It will work.
> >
> > Look at my earlier note on enabling proxy support on HTTPClient. You
will
> > need to rebuild the library.
> >
> > Regards, Sachin

SSL.
> > > Here's how:
> > >
> > > System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
> > > "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
> > > Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());
> > >
> > > You need to import:
> > > import com.sun.net.ssl.*;
> > > import java.security.*;
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Evert

I've
> > some
> > October

com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])

com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.write(HttpConnection.java:363)

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.print(HttpConnection.java:433)

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequestLine(HttpMethodBase

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.jav

> connection
> > at

com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.<init>([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])

com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket([DashoPro-V1.

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:284)

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:466

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:320)