commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject commons.lang addition
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:00:37 GMT
I have some code to programmatically detect platform specific
information
such as how many CPUs are available on a machine.  This beats forcing
the
admin to enter the information.  The code is modular, allowing for new
platforms to be added at any time.

I use it to determine how many threads I should have in a ThreadPool.  I
make it a multiple of the number of processors.  Granted, for some
operating
systems, they only support one processor (like Win 9x/ME).  If there is
no adapter for a system, then it assumes there is only one processor.

Does this sound like something we want to support in Commons Lang?

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin