commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: commons.lang addition
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:41:38 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <bayard@generationjava.com>

Apologies for not quoting the charter accurately, but I was intending to use
the words that have been used against Factory and Identifiable.

To me, it seems inconsistent to take in reflect, system and thread (both
currently located elsewhere) but deny new very primitive concepts (which is
explicity allowed for in the Scope paragraph). By proposing to take in these
three you are, in my eyes, creating the Core component that I'm arguing for.
Just under a different banner. (theres a bit of deja vue about this...)

So, I don't care if its called Lang rather than Core - so long as it has the
right stuff in it!

Stephen