commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Commons-Avalon:collections] code integration
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:13:38 GMT
> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]

> No!  Buffer should not extend Collection.  You should not be
> able to add or remove items from the middle of a Buffer.  It
> is precisely that.  A buffer.

Wait a minute.  I just went back and refreshed myself with what
the Collection interface represents.  So far almost everything
in there will work.  The two problem areas are:

1) Iterator
2) toArray()

The fundamental question for these two is whether once the
information is read it is removed from the Buffer.

I would venture to say *yes*.  However, that may cause issues
with understanding how the Buffer is meant to be used.