commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Collections] What's the Status of the Avalon move?
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:11:47 GMT
> From: Michael A. Smith [mailto:mas@apache.org]
>
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > I know you guys where improving the bits we had there in
> Avalon land,
> > but I wanted to know how things were moving along.
>
> I'm hoping to have time this evening and/or this weekend.  I've been
> pretty busy lately.

Which is why we have someone to help you if you need it.

> > I am leaving for vacation in a couple of days so I personally would
> > not be able to help.  I know one of the developers on the
> Avalon group
> > wants to use Commons collections to fix a problem (as your
> collections
> > package has more in it).
> >
> > Since I really don't want to have two different Apache collections
> > packages for the Avalon software to use, I asked if he
> could help with
> > the migration efforts.  Since we have a relatively
> immediate need, we
> > might be able to address this in short order.
>
> how immediate?  We would need to have a release of some kind before
> Avalon should really depend on the stuff that we provide.  I'm just
> curious what kind of time table you guys are looking for.

I'm not sure.  Marcus Crafter is the one who is making the fix.  I know
how OSS works, so when it is done it is done.  He expressed willingness
to help, so he can be more authoritative on the answers:

Marcus Crafter [crafterm@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net]