commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <>
Subject RE: [Commons-Avalon:collections] code integration
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:31:11 GMT
> From: Michael A. Smith []

> I do have a couple of concerns with the BucketMap.  In a
> quick glance, it looks like it doesn't follow the Map
> contract -- the colletion views are not backed by the map.
> The new commons collections test suite for Map
> implementations should check for that, along with potentially other
> differences from the Map contract.  Any differences in contract would
> have to be resolved.

BTW, I wrote the BucketMap.  My primary concern while
writing it was fine-grained locking.  At that it excells.  The
process of adding, removing, and looking up information far
exceeds a Synchronized Map or Hashtable when multiple threads
are trying to do the same thing.

The main focus was an add/remove/lookup--not the rest of the
Map contracts.  That is because of the focus of what it is
used for.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message