commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: [jelly] http and validation tag libraries
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:04:01 GMT

Wrapping a Jelly script around a JUnit TestCase so that it can be run by
any TestRunner would be real nice .. ! However, I think that will break
the JUnit model a bit because you'll end up having only one testXXX()
method (in the bridge) and all your test cases will be in jelly script.

Ideally we would need a way to have as many testXXX() methods as there
are test cases in our jelly scripts ... but how ?

Let's say you have an XML script describing your test cases like the
following :

<tests>
  <test name="xxx">
  [...]
  </test>
  <test name="yyy">
  [...]
  </test>
</tests>

We would need the ability to generate a TestCase class with testXxx()
and testYyy() methods ... but that's not very easy to do (thinking aloud
really).

We could have a specific TestRunner but then we loose the ability to run
our tests in any existing TestRunner, including all JUnit integrations
in IDEs.

-Vincent