commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rand McNeely" <rand_mcne...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [lang] New feature: Close method for Objects
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:48:40 GMT

The idea is simply to free the developer from the try/catch
ignored-exception construct (which usually occurs when calling close()).
If the developer were interested in dealing with the ignored exception
in a meaningful way, this method wouldn't be appropriate.

Also, I am new to all of this, could someone please explain this +1, -1
stuff :)

Rand