commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <ste...@caswell.name>
Subject RE: [lang] patch to Nestable interface, exception implementation classes, and test cases to get message specific to the nestable
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2002 19:40:34 GMT
Comments inline...

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving

Correct

> Should we also have:
>
> getNestedMessage() which returns the Exception at the next
> level down, and
> getDeepNestedMessage() which returns the Exception at the
> bottom, assuming all Exceptions in the chain implement Nestable?

I hadn't really though about getting those, but they would be easy to
do. I don't know that I like using "Nested" in the names.  How about

getNextMessage() which returns the Exception at the next level down
getLastMessage() which returns the Exception at the bottom

Using that thought process, how about getFirstMessage() instead of
getBaseMessage()