commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@germuska.com>
Subject RE: [pool] 1.0 release soon
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 15:21:58 GMT
>That's not true. AFAIK, every mutable property in
>org.apache.commons.pool.impl.* follows the getProperty/setProperty
>conventions, and always have.

Another important piece of the conventions is that all beans have a
zero-arg constructor, which the core pool classes don't have.

As I said, it was a while ago, and I am not deeply familiar with the
APIs.  The more complicated issue was having one digester process
handle the separate variability which is supported by DBCP and pool,
which you discuss in your post cited below...  It seems like a good
case for namespaces and Digester RuleSets, but I couldn't get my head
around how to declaratively make sure the references between the
layers could resolve, and since I was building a demo, I didn't need
pooling for performance, so I let it slide...

Joe

>  > As it's designed now (or as it was a month ago), pool
>>  and DBCP are not very Digester friendly.
>
>There is some mismatch between digester and dbcp.  I discussed some of the
>issues in some detail at
>http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04344.html.

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956
tune in posse radio: <http://www.live365.com/stations/289268>