commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fw: [GUMP] how to point the finger?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 07:30:21 GMT
On Fri, 03 May 2002, Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com> wrote:

> But we need to log the results of the testsuite at every run,
> perhaps in a database, and compare the results of a new run with the
> latest ones.

Sure, why not.

> The dependency projects whose code has changed since the last run
> should be notified whenever another project that depends on them has
> new regressions.

I don't like this idea, really.

You cannot automatically identify which project is responsible for a
failing test and I wouldn't want to receive failure reports for each
and every project on ant-dev, only those where Ant is responsible for
the problem, please.  Otherwise everybody is going to ignore the mails
anyway.

Stefan