commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Resisting the temptation
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 14:29:39 GMT
Hi Ceki,

I can give you a quick solution - use XmlMapper from tomcat3.3.
It's doing the same thing, works with JDK1.1, no external dependencies
( except IntrospectionUtil - where all the real stuff happens ). It is
quite optimized and tuned and polished.

The downside:
- I no longer believe this is the right way to configure
software or deal with XML configuration :-)
- it is less documented than Digester ( however it is similar enough )
- I don't think we'll make too many changes to it - it works too good to
fix it :-)

BTW, having log4j depend on commons-logging would be a huge benefit for
the whole community. I know it may be hard for log4j people, but sometimes
we must make painfull things.

Costin