commons-dev mailing list archives

From <cost...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: minor commons-pool interface change
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 03:09:01 GMT
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> > Craig, does the JDK 1.4-compiled-JAR work OK in a JDBC 2 (JDK 1.3)
> > environment?
> >

> It did in the quick-and-dirty test that I ran (which obviously did not
> reference the Savepoint related methods).  This is definitely worth
> testing a little more thoroughly before we release, so we can document any
> gotchas (and/or produce two versions of the distribution :-( if absolutely
> necessary).

Two versions would be crazy ( then you would have to have 2 binary
versions of each project that includes the pool ).

If the version compiled for 1.4 doesn't work with 1.3 then I think
we must find a solution ( proxy, introspection, dynamic loading, etc)
before a release.

( that's true for all projects implementing Connection )

Costin