commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Sharples" <sharp...@nz1.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [Workflow] Is this project still active?
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 01:50:33 GMT

I've been meaning for some time to have a look at integrating workflow and
messenger, but haven't had much spare time. It's still on my list of things
to do, though.

Regards

Colin M Sharples
I/T Architect
IBM Global Services New Zealand

email: sharples@nz1.ibm.com
phone: 64-4-5769853
mobile: 64-21-402085
fax: 64-4-5765616

                      "Warner Onstine"

                      <sw-list@warneron        To:       "Jakarta Commons Developers List"
<commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
                      stine.com>               cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [Workflow] Is this project still
active?
                      22/05/2002 13:21

                      Please respond to

                      "Jakarta Commons

                      Developers List"

Since Craig hasn't answered I'll take a quick stab.

This was originally launched while Craig was working on Struts, with Struts
in mind. I'm not sure if there is some newer stuff over there (just did a
quick search through my archive and there are quite a few threads on
workflow floating around).

Bottom-line is I'm not sure Craig has the time (now that he has new
responsibilities at Sun) and I haven't seen any commits on it in a while.

Now, I'm not saying it should go away (I would like to work on it myself,
but with Turbine in mind), but it has been a while since it's last update
(about 4 months from what I can tell).

If I were going to tackle it, I would first look at making the rulesets
better. ie - probably use a real Rules Engine or something of that sort.
But
I don't know what Craig is looking for long-term.

Then again, I'm not associated with this project, just highly interested,
so
take with a big grain of salt =).

-warner