commons-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [Latka] webapp, distro build broken
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 23:51:12 GMT
> Hi all,

> Looks like the Maven changes to the build have broken
> the webapp and distribution builds (not that they were
> ever very good to begin with).  I'm working to
> resuscitate them for my own development efforts.
Yep...I've changed the main build file, but not the others yet.

> Should I work on something CVS-worthy, or is Maven
> going to magically make this all unnecessary?  To me,
> it looks like the Maven script doesn't build the
> webapp or the distro yet.  Dion, can you give me the
> 30 second intro to building Latka with Maven, and what
> are your plans for building the distribution?

Building Latka with Maven:
1)Download and install maven.
2)Change to the Latka top level source directory
3) ant -f build-maven.xml maven:jar

That builds the jar file

4) ant -f build-maven.xml maven:deploy-site

That generates all the docs, copies it to jakarta.apache.org and makes it
available on the web site

5) ant -f build-maven.xml maven:compile

Compiles the source code

6) ant -f build-maven.xml maven:compile

Runs the unit tests....

We've now got webapps building in Maven (as of yesterday), so I can now
make the webapp build file redundant, hopefully.

The maven:dist target just needs to be tested, AFAIK.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au