commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Cook <den...@cook-mail.net>
Subject RE: HttpClient question.
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 17:02:35 GMT
Well, technically you could also want to control the local port as well, but

in most practical application that I have come across, the default is
usually
always used.  Was there something specific that you think is needed other
than being able to define the local interface for the connection?

Dennis

 I would also propose that the HttpMultiClient and HttpConnection classes
> could use a method of:
>
> void setInterface(java.net.InetAddress)
>
> This mechanism could be used to direct requests on multi-home hosts.  The
> lack of this feature in the java.net.URL class is the reason why I started
> looking at the jakarta project in the first place.  I have made these
> changes and tested it locally, but I am not sure of the submission
process.

I'm also interested in supporting multi-homing, a bit.  ;)
Surely, it can be implemented in HttpMultiClient, I think.
Because it should support threading for multi-homing...  Hmm...
But isn't enough to only add a single method like setInterface?

Sung-Gu