commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Cook <den...@cook-mail.net>
Subject HttpClient bind addr
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 03:31:08 GMT
I have just started poking around in the HttpClient project specifically due
to a short-coming that I have found in Sun's implemenation of http client
connections.  I have found that I need to be able to specify the local IP
for the socket that is created for an http client.  While I have had no
problems doing this when working with java.net.Sockets, this functionality
seems to be the forgotten step-child when attempting to work at higher
levels of abstraction.

I was hoping to find that this need was anticipated in the
commons.HttpClient project but I seem to be mistaken as I can find no way to
pass an InetAddress through the HttpClient class.  Is it possible to create
a client that binds to an address other than the default one for the host?

Dennis Cook
BeVocal, Inc.
tel:  408-907-4170
fax: 408-745-9533