commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack, Paul" <pj...@sfaf.org>
Subject RE: [collections] - Few more collections for the masses... (impor tant for Struts view objects, maybe other projects)
Date Fri, 17 May 2002 16:18:42 GMT
> Obviously, list and map implementations respectively...
> http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/next/ReserveList.java
> http://www.keyboardmonkey.com/next/ReserveMap.java

Haven't looked in-depth at the code, but a few thoughts already:

1.  I'd like to see implementations for all eight collection
interfaces.

2.  I'd like those implementations to be generated from one class
that uses static factory methods to construct the Reserve
wrappers, as per the Collections.synchronized* methods.

3.  From the implementation of ReserveList, it doesn't appear
that sublists inherit the reserve behavior; an index accessed
via a sublist won't ever invoke the createObject method.

4.  Similar to #3, but for iterators.

-Paul