commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: digester needs SAXParser.getXMLReader
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 16:38:14 GMT
hi simon

i think that this is a SAX/JAXP setup problem rather than a digester
problem.

you need JAXP in your classpath. this is included with java 1.4 but not in
previous jdk's.

i think that if you want to use crimson you need to include jaxp.jar
(available from sun, i think). if you are using xerces then i think that
you'll need to download a xml-api.jar compatible with the xerces version
from xml.apache.org. full details on how to set up JAXP can be found in
the documentation for the parser of your choice.

- robert