commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [commons committer vote II]
Date Fri, 24 May 2002 18:01:12 GMT
On 5/24/02 12:46 PM, "costinm@covalent.net" <costinm@covalent.net> wrote:

> Again, my +1.
>
> I've seen only 2 patches from Richard on commons-logging, but
> he is a commiter on axis, and I think it's important that
> other apache projects that use/depend on our stuff and want
> to contribute and make fixes can do that with minimal pain.
>
> I think that's the base idea of 'commons', and I will vote
> +1 on any apache commiter who has patches and is interested to
> become a commiter in commons.
>
> (and no, I don't want to open another flame war with Geir :-)

No flame war required.

He's involved in the community here, cares about what happens to the
component he is involved in, is a Jakarta committer elsewhere, and
contributes code to the subcomponent here.  Why would I have a problem?

+1 to Richard from me.

geir

> Costin
>
> On Fri, 24 May 2002, Richard Sitze wrote:
>
>> costin nominated me a few days back, but not under a 'vote' subject line -
>> so I'm hoping that the lack of votes was due to unawareness of the vote
>> occuring...
>>
>> I'd like to proceed with some changes that I submitted earlier, so may I be
>> so forward as to reopen the vote with a new subject line?

Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.
geirm@adeptra.com
+1-203-247-1713