commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: Resisting the temptation
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 17:17:40 GMT
On 5/10/02 9:17 AM, "James Strachan" <> wrote:

> Hi Ceki
> Anyone who uses the digester needs digester, beanutils, collections and
> logging. Its a shame there's not just a single jar for all these 4 (very
> common) things. How about we bundle these 4 things into a single 'uber-jar'?
> Say, commons-core.jar. We could maybe ensure that whenever we release one of
> these 4 jars, we release the whole bundle (commons-core) together too. Or we
> could just get jjar/maven rocking... :-)

The real problem is the digester dependency on logging, isn't it?

A solution I can think of is for log4j to have a services entry in their
jar's META-INF to be the logger factory for logging.

Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>